Medical malpractice is a complex and sensitive topic. These cases are often shrouded in misconceptions and misunderstandings, and it can be hard to know what is true and what isn’t. Many believe that medical malpractice is not easy to prove or only happens when a doctor makes a mistake, but it’s not always like that.
In this blog post, we will clear up some of the most common misconceptions about medical malpractice cases and what you can do if you think you might be a victim.
When it comes to your health, you definitely don’t want to take any chances. That’s why knowing the truth about medical malpractice is important. Here are some of the most common misconceptions:
5 Common Medical Malpractice Misconceptions
- Medical malpractice claims are only brought against doctors: In reality, any medical professional can be named in a medical malpractice lawsuit, including nurses, therapists, and even pharmacists.
- Medical malpractice claims are always based on errors made during surgery: While surgery errors do occasionally lead to medical malpractice lawsuits, there are many other types of medical errors that can give rise to a claim, such as a misdiagnosis, prescription errors, and failure to obtain informed consent.
- Medical malpractice cases are always complex and expensive to litigate: Some may involve complex medical causation issues, but many cases are quite straightforward.
- All medical malpractice claimants seek large sums of money in damages: In reality, most claimants are simply seeking to recover the costs of their medical care and treatment and looking to receive answers about the wrongdoing they endured.
- Patients must prove that their doctor intended to harm them to win their case: This is not the case. In most jurisdictions, patients only need to show that their doctor’s actions fell below the acceptable standard of care and that this deviation resulted in injury or death.
Get An Experienced And Dedicated Team Of Lawyers On Your Side
If you’re considering filing a medical malpractice case, working with someone with experience handling these complex cases is important. The medical malpractice lawyers at Hashem Law Firm have extensive knowledge of how to prosecute these cases, and they understand the unique challenges they can pose.
We have a proven track record of success, and we’ll fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. For a medical malpractice law firm in Arkansas, Hashem Law Firm is at the top of the list.