Should I Accept The Insurance Company’s First Settlement?
Anyone who has gone through long the process of an insurance company’s settlement knows that it can be an arduous journey. Yet, what you may not know is that there are things you can do to make the process easier – including working with insurance lawyers in Arkansas.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the first settlement offer from an insurance company and provide some tips on how to best negotiate this important step in your case.
The First Settlement Offer From An Insurance Company
It Is Usually Not The Best Offer
The insurance company’s first offer isn’t usually their best. The insurance company will lowball the victim to save money in most cases. This is why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side who can help you negotiate a fair settlement.
A professional lawyer will know how to counter the insurance company’s first offer and get you the compensation you deserve.
It’s important to remember that you are not obligated to accept the first offer from the insurance company.
Some Tips On How To Best Negotiate An Insurance Company Settlement
You can do a few things to help ensure you get a fair settlement from the insurance company.
- Keep good records: One of the most important things you can do is keep good records of all your medical expenses, lost payments, and other damages. This will give your lawyer the ammunition to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Don’t sign anything: The insurance company will likely try to get you to sign away your rights for a quick settlement. Don’t do it! You could be signing away your right to future compensation if you do.
- Get multiple opinions: Another way to help strengthen your case is to get multiple opinions from doctors or other experts. This will show the insurance company that you are serious about your injuries and deserve a fair settlement.
- Be patient: The insurance company will likely try to drag out the process to frustrate you into taking a lower settlement. Don’t let them! Stay the course and wait for a fair offer.
- Hire a lawyer: One of the best things you can do is hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. A good lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company and get you the compensation you deserve.
Find Powerful & Trustworthy Insurance Lawyers In Arkansas
Have you been injured in an accident? Don’t hesitate to contact personal injury lawyers at Hashem Law Firm. We have years of experience helping our clients get the compensation they deserve. Whether negotiating an insurance company settlement or defending your case in court, our professional lawyers have your back.
We want to hear about your case to help you out in the best way possible. You can give us a call at (870) 367-4223 or visit our offices at 437 West Conrad P.O. Box 739
Monticello, AR 71657. You’re also welcome to schedule a meeting with one of our lawyers through our website.