I Got Into A Car Accident & Don’t Have A Driver’s License
So, you were driving without a driver’s license and got into a car accident. Now what? Panicking isn’t an option. According to data, 15.9% of Americans don’t have a valid driver’s license.
In this post, we’ll go over the valid reasons for not owning a driver’s license. Also, we want to clarify some popular myths regarding this kind of situation and let you know the right time to contact a car accident law firm.
Make Sure You Know This First
1) Driving without a license is different from driving with a suspended one: Many people think these two scenarios are the same. They’re not. Driving without a license generally happens when someone never got their driver’s license in the first place.
2) The accident is a different situation: The accident itself is a completely different situation from not having a license. These are two different scenarios where one has nothing to do with the other.
Reasons For Not Owning A Driver’s License
Certain reasons justify not owning a license, such as:
- You live in an urban area and rely only on public transportation or car-sharing services.
- You have a disability that prevents you from driving.
- You’re a student who is still living with your parents.
- You’re elderly and no longer feel comfortable driving.
What Do You Do If You Get Into An Accident Without A License
If you’re involved in an accident and don’t have a driver’s license, here’s what you do:
- Call the police: It’s important to have a police report regardless of who was at fault for the accident. The police officer will ask for your name, address, and insurance information. If you don’t have insurance, you may be fined or even arrested.
- Exchange information with the other driver: Get their name, phone number, insurance information, and license plate number. If there are any witnesses to the accident, make sure to get their contact information.
- File a claim with the other driver’s insurance company: They will likely ask for a copy of the police report, as well as your insurance information and the other driver’s information. It’s important to be honest with the insurance company. If you lie about having a driver’s license, your claim could be denied.
Get In Touch With Professional Car Accident Attorneys
If you were in an accident and faced charges, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team at Roberts Accounting is here to help every step of the way. We have car accident lawyers with years of experience dealing with situations like yours. We can provide you with the best possible defense. No case is too difficult for our well-known car accident firm in Arkansas.
Roberts Accounting has helped multiple clients with car accidents, personal injuries, insurance, etc. Our attorneys are well-known in courts all over Arkansas. We want to know about your case. Send us a message and an expert will reach out to you ASAP.