Handling A Defective Product Lawsuit Case
Product liability lawsuits are filed when a defective product injures someone. Handling these cases can be complex, and knowing what steps must be taken to protect your rights is important.
This post will describe handling a defective product lawsuit and what you can expect from beginning to end. Keep Reading to learn more!
What’s A Product Liability Case?
A product liability or (Defective Products Lawsuit) case occurs when a consumer is injured or harmed by a defective or malfunctioning product. The injury could be physical, emotional, or financial. These cases can involve individuals or large groups of consumers affected by the same product.
Now that we know what a product liability case is let’s look at what steps must be taken to handle one.
How To Respond To A Product Liability Claim
- The Beginning: The first step in handling a product liability case is being served with a complaint or notice of the lawsuit. It is important to respond to this on time and not ignore it, as failure to do so can result in a default judgment against you.
- The discovery process will begin when both parties exchange information and evidence related to the case. This can include interrogatories, document requests, depositions, and expert witness testimonies.
- Settlement/Mediation: During the discovery process, the parties can reach a settlement agreement. If not, the case may go through mediation with a neutral third party to try and reach a resolution.
- Trial: If a settlement or mediation is unsuccessful, the case will proceed to trial. A judge or jury will determine liability and any damages awarded.
- Appeals: Either party may appeal the decision if unsatisfied with the trial’s outcome.
It is important to have experienced legal representation throughout this process to protect your rights and reach a favorable outcome. If a defective item claim has injured you, consider contacting an attorney.
Find The Right Attorney At Hashem Law Firm
Don’t let a defective product ruin your life- contact an experienced personal injury attorney today. At Hashem Law Firm, we can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Don’t let anyone bully you into silence- fight back with us by your side. We’re Attorneys in Morello, AR, serving anyone who requires legal representation. The sooner you seek legal counsel, the better your chance of getting compensated. So don’t wait- call us now!