Frequent Wrongful Deaths In the US: A Comprehensive List Of Cases
The wrongful death of a loved one is an event that no family should have to go through. Unfortunately, in the United States, wrongful deaths are quite common. Every year, thousands of people die due to negligence or recklessness on the part of another person or company.
This blog post will look at some of the most common types of wrongful death cases in the US. We will also discuss how you can protect yourself and your loved ones from becoming a victim of such an unfortunate event. Keep reading and learn more about this important issue.
First Things First, What Is A Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death is when a person dies due to another person’s negligent or intentional actions. To win a wrongful death case, the deceased’s family must prove that their loved one would not have died if it were not for the other party’s negligence. In other words, the death must have been caused by someone else’s carelessness.
Now that we know what a wrongful death case is let’s look at some of the most common cases in the US.
Different Types of Wrongful Death Cases in the US
As we mentioned before, there are many different types of wrongful death cases. To help you better understand, we’ve listed some of the most common types of cases below:
- Vehicle accident: This is one of the most frequent types of wrongful death cases. Thousands of people are killed in car accidents yearly due to another driver’s negligence.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: these types of accidents are also quite common. In many cases, pedestrians and bicyclists are killed when a careless driver hits them. When this happens, the victim’s family may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the driver.
- Premise liability: this type of case occurs when someone is killed on another person’s property due to the property owner’s negligence. For example, if a dangerous condition on the property is not properly marked or fixed, and someone is killed, the owner may be held liable.
- Medical malpractice: this type of case occurs when a patient is killed due to the negligence of a medical professional. If you believe your loved one is a wrongful death victim because it was killed due to medical malpractice, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
- Drowning or boating accidents: these types of accidents are often caused by another person’s negligence. For example, if someone is killed in a drowning accident due to the lifeguard’s negligence, the deceased’s family may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the lifeguard.
- Workplace accidents: these types of accidents are also quite common. Every year, thousands of people are killed in workplace accidents due to their employer’s negligence. If you’ve lost a loved one in a workplace accident, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the responsible party.
As you can see, there are many different types of wrongful death cases, but you may be wondering- How do I protect myself from the wrongful death elements?
How To Protect Yourself from Wrongful Death Elements
Although wrongful death cases are quite common, there are some things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- If you’re involved in an accident, be sure to get the other person’s contact information. This will be important if you need to file a lawsuit later on.
- Stay aware of your surroundings if you’re on someone else’s property. If you see a dangerous condition, be sure to report it to the property owner right away.
- Before working with a new medical professional, do your research by reading reviews and asking others about their experiences.
- If you’re going to be around water, take precautions such as wearing a life jacket and only swimming in areas with lifeguards.
- If you work in a dangerous job, follow al safety protocols and resort any hazards to your employer right away.
By taking these simple precautions, you can help reduce the risk of experiencing a wrongful death case. If you have questions or concerns, speak to a wrongful death attorney. They will be able to advise you on what steps you need to take.
Hashem Law Firm: The Wrongful Death Attorney You Need
If you or a loved one has experienced a wrongful death, you need an experienced attorney on your side. The Hashem Law Firm has successfully represented many clients in wrongful death cases. We will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation. We’re here to help you through this difficult time.
No one should go through the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence. If you’re in this situation, contact our Hashem Law Firm today. We will work tirelessly to get you the justice that you deserve.